ARTEDECOR, Malaysia

ARTEDECOR or Art & Decor Exhibiton For Emerging Artist was held at MATRADE, KL starting 8th - 11th of March 2018. This is the first time it is being held - if I'm not mistaken. There were hundreds of paintings from locals and international artist. I was proud to be given the opportunity to participate thanks to the invitation from PeRUPA.

The event was officially launched by Mahadzir Lokman, former Chairman of our Balai Seni Negara. This huge exhibition centre is filled by paintings from mostly Malaysian artist of all backgrounds. There seems to be an equal number of self tough artist and academic artist. I met a 15 year old artist, Jamila, and she sold all her paintings in that event. This event is also a proof that our local art scene is growing.Hopefully it can grow out to the international market big time, soon.

PeRUPA booth consisting of 6 artist and 37 artworks.



The opening ceremony attended by artist and buyers.
The intention of this event is to promote emerging artist. A success to me as I see a lot of buyers and collectors. Some of them are interior decorators buying for their clients. And this is also the first time I get to meet new artist from outside my circle of friends.
Both my Impi & Mimpi, 2016 and below is Dalam Taman Ada Dia 2016.


Add caption

With fellow artist Hida, Elliza, myself and Zaki.



New friend, Elly Nur Suria with her paintings
and a book illustrated by her.
This event went well for us PeRUPA selling a few paintings and getting to expend our networking.

Comments